Spirulina is a type of algae which has complete protein (up to 65 percent) and other nutrients including B complex vitamins, berea carotene, vitamin E, carotenoids, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium and gamma linolenic acid (essential fatty acid)
Spirulina is high in chlorophyll
uSome research has suggested that Spirulina may be helpful for those with allergies and allergic reactions.
Spirulina’s phosphorus content makes it helpful as part of a tooth remineralization regimen.
Emerging evidence suggests that it binds with radioactive isotopes and may be useful for radioactivity exposure or radiation therapy.
The protein in Spirulina is highly usable and has a net protein utilization rate of between 50-61%
Spirulina can bind with heavy metals in the body and help remove them.
Spirulina can increase fat burning during exercise.
• 3 grams of our organic Spirulina have the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
• Spirulina has 300% more calcium than whole milk (good for bones, osteoporosis, growth of children)
• Spirulina has 3900% more Beta Carotene than carrots (good for eyes, strong antioxidant, immunity)
• Spirulina has 375% more protein than tofu (building block for muscle tissue, necessary in diet)
• Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing potential health benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina promotes health in many ways. It can protect from oxidative stress, suppoty immune system and anti inflammatory. Because it does not have the hard cellulose membranes characteristic of plant cells, nor does it have a well-defined nucleus spirulina is considered to be highly digestible in comparison with other algae such as chlorella.
Suggested Use: 1 tablespoon.