Indulge your taste buds with a decadent delight – a raw vegan dessert that harmoniously layers exquisite flavours and nourishing ingredients.
This sumptuous creation begins with a foundation of raw cacao biscuits.
The second layer introduces the tart and luscious notes of sour cherry and Irish moss. The sour cherry infusion adds a burst of fruity tanginess.
The third stratum introduces a cloud-like tremella mousse with soaked cashews and tremella fuciformis, a medicinal mushroom revered for its skin-nourishing properties.
Finally covered in green layer of matcha, rich in antioxidants and boasting a unique flavour profile. We always recommend using high quality matcha for any of your creations. High quality matcha should have a symphony of complex flavour profiles and vibrant colour green.
Why Choose our Matcha?
Our Uji Matcha is produced by a family business in Kyoto founded in the 1751 Edo period over 20 generations.
This ceremonial-grade certified organic matcha is hand-picked and freshly ground to order with a traditional stone milling process to preserve freshness and flavour. Uji has an ideal climate for growing tea. Surrounded by mountains and hilly terrain creates ” River fog” and mountain mist which is known to be perfect for creating this tea with depth of Umami.
Uji is also the historical home of matcha, having its origins at the beginning of the 13th century. It has always been considered a first class.
- 1/3 cup activated almonds
- 1/3 cup activated buckwheat
- Approximately 1/4 tsp monk fruit sweetener (available here)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp water
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture reaches a flour-like consistency. Add water and continue processing until the mixture comes together. Press the mixture into the bottom of a mold.
Sour Cherry Jam:
- 1/2 cup defrosted sour cherries
- 2 tbsp Irish moss gel
- 1 date or preferred sweetener (optional)
Blend the ingredients together.
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 cup cashews, soaked, rinsed, and drained
- Approximately 1/2 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp tremella (available here)
- 30ml melted coconut oil
- 30ml melted cacao butter
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the matcha layer.
- 1 cup mixture from tremella cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp matcha (available here)
- 1 tbsp melted cacao butter
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until very smooth.
- Pour half of the tremella cream over the crust and place it in the freezer until it hardens.
- Add the sour cherry jam on top.
- Pour the remaining tremella cream over the jam and return it to the freezer.
- Once it hardens, pour over the matcha cream; it should harden immediately.
Products we used in this recipe