Lions mane (Hericium erinaceus) mushroom has been really popular becuase of its ability to improve brain function. If you are a studetnt, researcher, business owner, or anyone who wants a cognitive health lions mane may be something you may wnat to chekc out. .
This mushroo has a long hisry of use in Asia and yes it does look like lions mane. In Japan its called yamabushitake meaning “mountain priest mushroom”. It’s named after the Yamabushi buddist monk who used lions mane to stay forcused during meditation.
- helps to slow the progression of degenerative neurological conditions
- helps with depression and anxiety
- regulate blood sugar and cholesterol
- reduce inflammation
- boost memory and overall nervous system function
- improves digestion
- improves lipid metabolism
- protects heart health
- enhances immune system
studies i mentioned in the podcast