Irish moss carries no color and relatively no taste while providing a lot of fiber, protein, trace minerals and other nutrients.
Irish Moss contains A,B,C,D vitamins that nourishes the skin/ Raw Irish Moss is an excellent source of minerals. This almost-tasteless seaweed is loaded with life-enhancing nutrients such as sulphur compounds, protein, iodine, bromine, beta-carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, pectin, B-vitamins and vitamin C. Notably absent from a vegetarian diet, sulphur-containing amino acids, such as taurine, are abundant in Irish moss, more so than in any other type of seaweed.
it has been used to treat peptic and duodenal ulcers when used as a gelatinous substance and to inhibit arteriosclerosis. Irish moss is reported to be effective against, cancer and radiation poisoning (possibly because of the iodine content of Irish moss), it protects from obesity and cholesterol build up.
Irish moss has a well documented anticoagulant effect on the blood, and clears up many bladder complaints. Irish Moss gives excellent sources of calcium, magnesium, sodium and iodine (essential to normal thyroid function).
It is used to increase the metabolic rate and give strengthen connective tissues, including the hair, skin and nails.
Possible Health Benefits:
- Has a soothing effect on the mucous membranes throughout the body.
- It has a softening effect on the tissues and helps many respiratory problems including bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Soothes the mucous membranes of the digestive tract
- has a mild laxative effect.
- Contains antioxidants to help fight free radicals
- Has a large array of ionic minerals. Iodine being one mineral that supports your thyroid and many problems associated with poor thyroid function including fatigue, inability to tolerate cold, slow heart rate, low metabolism, poor skin and hair, etc.
- Used externally, it softens and soothes the skin.
- Helps reduce wrinkles and
- It also eases sunburn, chapped skin, eczema, psoriasis, and other rashes.
Net Weight: 120g
We also offer a discount for an order over 1 kg
You may be interested in reading an article I wrote about safety of irish moss here
Our Irish moss is a whole seaweed (not flakes). sun dried with sea salt to keep insects away naturally, resulting plumper and easier to use irish moss in raw food creations and other internal and topical uses.