Because of the way we live these days I come across the word “detox” all the time. Our water, air, soil are now polluted, the stress levels have gone up plus many processed and refined foods with full of chemicals have entered into our diet.
Once a while you may decide to go for a detox programme which may involve fasting, juicing, or even enema and colon irrigation. For those of us who feel these are not for them at this time there are many things that we can incorporate in our daily life to detox our body
1. hot lemon water in the morning with or without caynne
2. include herbs that are know for detoxing (dandelion, burdock, ginger liquorice etc)
3 eat detoxing foods
– crucifers (cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and broccoli sprouts)
- green leafy vegetables (kale, parsley, chard, coriander, beet greens, watercress, mustard greens)
-citrus (oranges, limes, lemons – but avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, because they contain a substance known as narigen, which can, in turn, interfere with the liver-cleansing process)
- sulfer rich foods (onions, garlic,)
-Liver healing foods (asparagus, artichoke, beets celery)
4. buy organic and be careful with animal products with hormones, chemicals and seafood with mercury
5. rebound to stimulate the lymphatic system
6. therapeutic massage
7. sweat – infra red sauna is great as it can assist in removing heavy metals from fat cells
8. eliminate – regular stool movement is important
9. invert – shoulder stand, head stand or just putting legs up against the wall can reverse the flow of gravity, stimulate the lymphatic system, and aid in blood purification
10. dry brush
11. hydrotherapy – alternate hot and cold shower to stimulate circulation and eliminate wastes.
12. still and moving mediation
13. supplement with clay or zeolite
14. detox bath with epsom salt, baking soda or drops of essential oil such as geranium, eucalyptus and juniper berry
15. oil pulling in the morning
Spring is a great time to do a detox as it is easier for the body to hold onto more fat and toxins that are stored in the fat over the winter. maybe we can do one together. what do you think?
keep well and enjoy